View Single Post
Old September 17, 2005, 05:30 PM   #33
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

I know the legalities and, in most circumstances, will follow those laws. In most circumstances. However, there are circumstances, such as the wounded, unthreatening man bleeding on the pavement just killed my mother, where I'm going to shoot as long as I see twitches.

People who don't want to be shot as many times as time and ammunition supply permits need to do one of two things: 1) Leave my friends and family in peace, or 2) make sure that I don't obtain a sight picture.

I'll respect the fact that MY assailant is wounded and no longer a threat in an attack on myself. After a successful assault on a friend or relative, resuliting in grave injury or death, I will have absolutely no regard for the fact that the poor assailant is injured, no longer a threat, and another human being. He won't be injured long. He'll never be a threat in the future. He doesn't fit my definition of "human being."

Personally, I'd like to see the self defense laws changed. I'm in favor of allowing legal lethal force in response to ANY unprovoked assault-whether armed or unarmed. I'd be willing to bet big money that the rate of unprovoked assaults would plummet after the bullies realized that a slap could get them shot to death-legally.

Page generated in 0.02545 seconds with 8 queries