View Single Post
Old June 6, 2019, 07:22 AM   #65
FireForged

Quote:
Serious question: WHAT cover?

Based on what I see in this very brief video and associated clips from varying news outlets showing the inside and outside of the the store, it looks old and unrenovated.

The appearance of the counter seems to be of thick butcher block top, 2x4 framing , 1x8 or 1x10 shelving and sides panels. I cant see the front but even the cheap fab units are commonly several sheets of plywood for the front. It is presumably filled with all sorts of utility supplies w which I indicated in my previous post and is flanked by wire racks. The unit looks like something that commonly would have been built on site using readily available building materials.

Depending on what projectile we are talking about and fired from what cal weapon and depending on what angle.. This type of counter might offer reasonable cover from the weapons we see in this video but we cannot know without more information. Would I have used it as cover?.. yep. Do I stand by the suggestion that staying behind the counter is a much better idea than walking up to the front door?.. yep.

Last edited by FireForged; June 6, 2019 at 03:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.03141 seconds with 8 queries