View Single Post
Old February 12, 2007, 08:40 PM   #30
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
When we asked the LEO why it took them so long we were informed by him we were lucky they even came to that kind of a situation since the supreme court ruled that LEO was not obligated by law to take any calls.
That sounds like pure sarcasm on the part of the officer, Dan. I doubt very much that he speaks for his department. I don't know about law, but our policy is that every call for service will warrant a police response. Failure to do so can be termed dereliction of duty and will result in disciplinary action. That can be a pain in the butt sometimes, since as every LEO here knows, every department has its "regulars". We have one 83 yr old woman here that, as of today, has called police for service on trivial matters 497 times in the last 5 years! Nevertheless, we have to answer each & every call for service.

On a different note, most of the posts in this thread declare a lack of police response, but there's little on how we dealt with the problem when they didn't come. I have no doubts of the poster's experiences, but since this forum deals with tactics & training, I'd like to see it lean a little more in that direction.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.03871 seconds with 8 queries