View Single Post
Old May 23, 2002, 04:33 PM   #9
Jack Carson

Bad guys shoot bad guys more often!

At least where I live, it's most often two felons in an argument over dope money or several gang bangers slinging lead for status.

The other point is that if you shoot someone and they are dead you have just committed homicide. It may be justifiable, but you have still committed a homicide. If the other person lives you have still used deadly force and (rightly) will be held accountable for your actions.

The police will (justifiably) treat you like any other person who has just shot someone. Do every thing they ask you to except give them a statement before you talk to your attorney. If they read you your rights they will ask if you understand them. The correct answer is "NO. I want to comply with you but I must have my attorney present to help explain this to me completely."

You will probably be taken to jail. It's not that bad. You will not be gang raped or beaten. In fact, you will most likely be placed in a cell by yourself. As the police gather more facts and relay them to the jailer you may even be offered refreshment. The tea will be weak and the coffee will be very strong. If they offer you something to eat, try to eat it just to be polite and make them feel better. The guy that brings it to you may have made a special effort on your behalf.

When your attorney arrives, tell him or her every thing you can remember and be totally honest. Here is my final bit of advice: If you can find an attorney who has worked as a prosecutor for the local/county DA, hire him or her!

One last thing: This is going to cost you a lot of money. Maybe even as much as a house or a college education for your kids. Accept it.
jack

Page generated in 0.03052 seconds with 8 queries