View Single Post
Old December 1, 2017, 09:22 PM   #30
FrankenMauser

Quote:
No suh thing as a tang inletted to deep. Thats a beautiful things to have as bedding the tang is the best thing one could do with a sidelock.
When the tang inletting is so deep that the tang sits 1/4" above the bottom of the slot when the barrel is bottomed in the barrel channel (which can't be deepened, due to lock and ramrod channel locations), it is, in fact, too deep.

Never say something is impossible - especially when companies are trying to shave every possible penny from a design, or are in a race to the bottom (a competition to offer the lowest possible price point in a market segment).
Just look at Taurus and Remington. Within the last 20 years, they've both offered firearms (not kits, but complete firearms) that were so broken, unsafe, and/or unreliable because of cost-cutting measures to get them into production, that the models got slapped with a 100% recall order and all production ceased. Every single one that was produced was recalled without a replacement in production. They had to re-engineer the entire pistol before being able to restart production and offer replacements to the original buyers.
(Remington R51 and Taurus PT-138 [pre-Millenium, pre-pro], if you are not up on the failures.)

I did contact Traditions about my kit. Their only offer was to send me another trigger assembly, which wouldn't have really done any good since it was a bargain-basement design to begin with.

Page generated in 0.02771 seconds with 8 queries