View Single Post
Old October 28, 2005, 06:21 PM   #130
Dead-Nuts-Zero

I looked in on this post when it was just getting started and I often drop back to see what others are saying. However, I have not read every post, but as I read a few today, I started thinking back to the days when I first started out with a hand gun. I was brought up on guns and hunting and the country life was so much different than the big city. When I was starting to CCW, I had to strap that 6 gun on everytime I went to the city (or to the gas station just down the road) to have dinner or do some mall shopping with the girlfriend etc. I was new at CCW and it was new to me and maybe a little overwhelming. I remember it was kinda kool because I had a gun and nobody but me knew about it. I felt almost invincible when I was packin thoes first few years.

Now that I have several years of CCW and many trips going into the big city, I seldom think of packin my gun these days. I guess the point I am trying to make is that I think we all go through a period where we are over confident (not sure that's the right word for my thoughts but lets go with it for now) and we think it's really kool to pack and believe we are invincible. It does wear off after awhile with many of us. Then there are plenty of us who just never get over it. I can't really say one way is any better than the other. Everyone has to do whatever they are comfortable with.
I find the many post interesting. If your a city guy you may have better reason to CCW than us country bumpkins. And if yr from the woods, you feel better with CCW when you go to the city. If yr in the shower, you do what ever you think you need to do. We all decide for ourselves. No one is really right or wrong IMO, it whatever blows yr skirt up that counts. I got over it and most of us will too in time.

Page generated in 0.02260 seconds with 8 queries