View Single Post
Old December 13, 2019, 09:37 PM   #86
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Generally speaking, accuracy from the Judge is best described as adequate. At reasonable self-defense distances, it will hit to point of aim.
Good to know. Though often a gun writer will use "adequate at reasonable self defense distances" to mean "I could hit the target, somewhere..."

Not meaning to bash the Judge/Governor in concept, while they are revolvers, they aren't revolvers like other revolvers.

I had an opportunity where a nest of rats (real rats, you know the ones almost big enough to put a saddle on...) under a barn needed eradication. a few of them managed to get out and the .410 Contender did yeoman service that day. I can see where a Judge would have done well, even better as a repeater.

But they aren't quite the same as something like a Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt in several ways. My years with 12ga gives me faith in buckshot (under suitable conditions) but its because of the mass. The .410 buckshot just doesn't seem that good, to me. However, the .410 slug is another matter.

The .410 is an excellent choice for a number of chores, but for wingshooting bigger bores are much, much better.

Page generated in 0.03028 seconds with 8 queries