View Single Post
Old August 18, 2004, 04:46 PM   #11
JerryM

I am a little surprised that so many here like the Fobus Paddle. I also do, but most of the time there is a large percentage of people who trash them.

I have several and have for at least 4 years. One of mine for the 1911 has been drawn from at least 7000 times in that time. I shoot about 800 rounds per month so that is not as hard as it seems.

I also have paddles from Uncle Mike and Galco, a leather one. Both place the gun too high for stability and too high to draw from under my shirt well. I much prefer the Fobus.

I agree that some fit and some don't.
While it is not my favorite for carry, I have carried one a lot, and it is a good range holster.

The Kydex holsters have an advantage of being cut our at the front which makes the draw faster.

I have Fobus paddle holsters for J-Frame, Kel Tec P32, Glock, and 1911. I do not regret any of the buys.
They don't compare with a fine Sparks or Del Fatti leather, but they are fine holsters for much work.

I have a friend who is a LEO, and he mentioned that they might break. I have not had such a problem when he grabbed mine, but I would not wear one if I were a LEO for duty.
Some have said that their instructor grabbed theirs and it either came off or broke. I wonder what they were doing while he was grabbing and tugging?

Get one and see how you like it.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Page generated in 0.02836 seconds with 8 queries