View Single Post
Old September 25, 2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Lawfficer

YHM Supressor killing my accuracy. Why?

Hey everyone, just signed up after lurking because I have a problem that I can't seem to wrap my head around. I have had a Supressor for a while but for various reasons I have not had much time to take it out and really put it through it's paces like I wanted. But recently I have found the time and Im having issues.....

Gun: I have a Accu-Triggered Savage Model 12(Heavy Barrel) in .308 caliber. The barrel was originally 24", but with the Supressor that was just way to long so it was professionally cut down to 20", threaded, and a YHM Phantom QD mount for the suppressor was put on. It was then dropped into a Bell and Carlson stock and the gun is sporting a SuperSniper fixed mil dot 10x scope with single piece rail mount and SuperSniper rings. The Suppressor is a Yankee Hill Machiene(YHM) 7.62 Phantom.

Issue: With the suppressor on, I have no problems with the gun and shooting off a bag rest I can get a 1/2" to 1" group with no problems. They all are grouped nicely like they should be. But When I put the suppressor on, I get a Chaotic pattern of randomness to say the least. It will litteraly scatter the rounds at 100yds. Some rounds are as far up as 5" from the point of impact without the can. And then some are up and off center, but they are almost always raised. (Shooting Federal Fusion 165Gr)

I honestly just don't get it. I was always under the impression that a Supressor does NOT affect the point of impact, but mine does. I have checked the interior as best I can and don't see any baffle strikes.

Ideas, Suggestions, etc???

Last edited by Lawfficer; September 26, 2011 at 12:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.02918 seconds with 8 queries