View Single Post
Old April 30, 2017, 06:11 PM   #6
LRS1951

Sling Mount for High Standard Riot Gun

It already has a sling attachment in rear (wooden shoulder stock). It needs a magazine tube cap replacement (optional item) that would normally contain the front sling attachment.

I found a lot more info on the likely identity of the shotgun. Appears that it is a High Standard K120 or a K1200 Deluxe Riot Gun (18" barrel, rifle sights, full extension magazine tube that has had a recoil pad added prior to my possession).

I even located online a schematic diagram from High Standard for this line (it is like from the 1960s... the included price list for the numbered parts is amusing - brought back memories). Anyway, the part was both numbered and named. I checked the schematic diagram on Numrich Arms for this model and found the diagrams matched and the part was displayed - but not in stock!!!

So until the (unlikely) situation where it comes back in stock or I find one otherwise, I am going to have to go with a tube mount attachment similar to the one shown. My preference is one where the mounting is underneath rather than to the side - and can be purchased separately for the front attachment only as the rear attachment is already there.

And spare slings I have stored away. Leather, canvas, you name it.

P. S. In the movie "Getaway", Steve McQueen's character ("Doc") uses this same model in more than one shooting scene (I believe, if memory serves me right, that his was the Standard model with regular bead sight and not the rifle sights).

Pic attached is of current rear swivel attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0556.JPG (111.1 KB, 108 views)

Page generated in 0.03719 seconds with 9 queries