View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 10:03 PM   #10
nelson77270

Thanks to all for the replies. As far as experience goes, I'm not going to say that I throw hundreds rounds down range every other week, but I didn't just start handling guns recently. I've hunted/shot my entire life, and I really truly am not worried about recoil.

My intention isn't to say that recoil doesn't affect me. I am simply just a firm believer in that if I practice with it enough, I'll eventually get proficient with it. Trust me, I am as stubborn as any when it comes to something like that. Regardless of which one I choose, I'll use it.

I already own a Taurus Tracker in a .44 mag. I've put a couple hundred rounds through it and really don't mind 44 recoil. I guess my questions were more geared toward the advantages (or lack thereof) of the .454 over the .44 in general, and also specifically in regards to large animal defense.

I think I've somewhat answered my own question here, but the general consensus seems to not be concerned about any major differences as far as effectiveness for grizzlies. I'm thinking my decision should be based almost entirely on personal preference. Now I just need to find a casull to shoot.

Again, thank you guys, and I'll check out those holsters.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries