View Single Post
Old June 29, 2009, 09:06 AM   #15
jfrey123

From a Nevada resident:

This wasn't the act of the legislature or any of our horny and stupid leaders (Senator Ensign and Govenor Gibbons both)...

The ability and responsibility of policy regarding CCW was passed from the legislature to the Department of Public Safety (basically, the branch that runs highway patrol/capitol police). It's their job to keep track and make the rules regarding CCW. They decided to drop UT due to their lack of live fire (and here I though the requirement of a weapon handling course would be similar enough)... FL I'm not so sure about, but if they don't have life fire then they're probably gone (I think I remember hearing a story about a guy passing permit tests with an airsoft gun....?)

The whole deal for Nevada to recognize another state's permit is that the state must have similar criteria for issuing a permit to our own. Hopefully public outcry and threats of lost tourism will sway the DPS to change their mind.

If you or your friends are out of state UT or FL permit holders, I plea with you to visit their website, http://dps.nv.gov, and leave them a message telling them how you are upset with their decision to change the rules. The reciprocity with these states has held for years, no reason to change it now.

Page generated in 0.02718 seconds with 8 queries