View Single Post
Old April 21, 2014, 11:05 PM   #93
Will Beararms

Hate to hear about your experience with the G4 19. For the past 20 years, I have gone to and from Glocks. I know the .40 caliber is useless and should not exist in the first place but I am one of those rare individuals who believes it fills a niche----capacity married with reasonable capability. I am fond of the 180 grain fodder. My first Glock was a 1994 Generation 2 Glock 22. I meandered away from it and got back into Glockhood with a Gen 3 23. Then I strayed again and came back into the fold with a Gen 4 Glock 22. I have found for me, the full-size frame configuration just works better in .40. The missus even likes it. For those instances where something smaller is called for, I'm a snub nosed revolver guy. I know they're far better options but I just like snubs. My Ruger LCR is so easy to carry IMHO.

I am originally from AR and am one of those masochists who loves to wade around in a crowded swamp called Bayou Meto when it's freezing outside chasing ducks. I am an 870 loyalist. They aren't en vogue and they won't earn you any street credit but they work and they can be abused. Rest assured that " Biff " , " Tad " and " Chip " won't be repairing to the veranda of the $20K/YR Stuttgart duck club for Brandy and Cigars to discuss their day afield with an 870 Express However, when they do break, they're easy to work on and most repairs can take place sitting on a fallen tree in underneath the flooded timber canopy.

I view Glocks as the Remington 870 of handguns. They work. They can take abuse and when they do crap out----and they will, there are only 34 parts to the thing. My bet is if you watch your armored repair the slide stop, you will be able to do it should the need arise again.

Nice chronicle and I hope it all works out. Glocks for the most part are a nice utilitarian self defense tool. Parts and accessories are ubiquitous and any competent gunsmith can work on one.

Last edited by Will Beararms; April 21, 2014 at 11:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.03211 seconds with 8 queries