View Single Post
Old March 3, 2014, 05:43 PM   #71
ronl

I will offer another take on the situation as far as Vanderboegh is concerned; I do admire the man for standing up for what he believes. Civil disobedience has had its place in the history of our country for quite some time; most of you will recall learning about that Boston Tea Party affair that went on. More recently there was the ride that Rosa Parks took on the front of the bus. I think both above illustrations are very much appropriate, as they both deal with fundamental rights. In our Declaration of Independence, we are told by Jefferson that we have not only the right, but the duty to oppose the denial of our fundamental rights. All of us here on this forum had better soberly consider the ramifications of what is happening in CT. How far are you willing to go to protect your freedoms? Only you can answer that. I will go far out on a limb and make a bold prediction; if the good citizens of CT have their guns taken from them, then within one generation we will all have to deal with the same scenario. If we as a people have reached the point where we will allow our rights to be stripped for the hollow promise of security, then we will reap our reward. It is easy for all of us to sit in our comfortable chairs away from the fray and pass judgement, but as far as Vanderboegh is concerned, more power to him. His heart is in the right place.

Page generated in 0.03077 seconds with 8 queries