View Single Post
Old May 28, 2013, 07:59 PM   #88
tahunua001

I'm afraid that you'll have significant difficulty finding a LER scope with more than 7 power. IIRC the idea of the scout rifle which is pretty much the basis for all LER scopes called for a fixed 4 power. the fact that you found one as high as 7 power is actually pretty impressive. however I fail to see how anyone can claim that they have better utitily at long range with iron sights than scope with any level of magnification. at a certain point you need a scope just to even make out what you are shooting at and 7x is much higher than the average scout rifle.

also I wouldn't call it much of a competition if you are pitting a brand new shooter against a fairly well versed shooter, no matter what guns are used. if you plan on actively comparing accuracy between the two it would be best to have both shooters fire both rifles as a control. I'm pretty sure that if you handed me my POS MAS36 and my girlfriend my Ruger M77 MKII target I'd probably get better accuracy than her despite the ruger being a much more accurate rifle.

Page generated in 0.03144 seconds with 8 queries