View Single Post
Old December 20, 2012, 12:38 PM   #17
hooligan1

I'd pick up a Vortex Diamondback, and give it a peek-through, they have em at Bass Pro, and Cabelas, they are nice for the money.
I own two Leupold scopes, and my daughter has a VX II 3-9x40 on her Weather Warrior, mine are VX II 4-12x40, and a VXIII 3.5-10x40 Target Tactical.
And I own a Diamondback 4-12x40, it's so clear and bright, very repeatable adjustments, never shifts poi from poa, it's the best scope for the money that I own, it also has that BDC reticle with solid dots, (not like that Nikon). I zeroed it dead on at 100 yds and my first dot under the crosshair is 200 yds, which is pretty close because at 100 yds, it hits about 1.5 inches high, second dot is 300 yds and so on, but I digress.
That VX II 4-12x40 is on my 7mm rem mag, and its sighted in to hit 2.5 inches high at one hundred with three types of bullets, another one hits 3 inches high at one hundred. And I've shot the "box" test and the settings are all repeatable of course, (it's an older scope) it functions like it's supposed to.
So if the OP wasn't confused, I hope he is now. hwehehe

Page generated in 0.07057 seconds with 8 queries