View Single Post
Old May 22, 2012, 03:37 PM   #14
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, well, I've had this discussion a good many times here on TFL so this will be my last post in this thread.

What we prepare for, if we're honest, are those things within our sphere of interest.

We, here, are interested in firearms and self defense, so we prepare to defend ourselves and we make choices and we can't imagine how others don't and how naive they are who don't, and how paranoid those are who prepare more than do we.

I used to be friends with a guy who did cone racing (can't remember the name of the organization). He had roll cages, racing seats and 5-pt racing harnesses in his STREET cars. He couldn't believe none of he rest of his friends cared about doing the same. He would make endless arguments about driving being the most dangerous thing we ever do, how likely we are to die in a crash.... Yada Yada Yada. We didn't care because we weren't "into" cars, but he was right. If anything ever kills me besides being old, it's more likely than anything else to be a car crash and there's a very good chance that his racing seats, roll cage and 5-pt harness would have saved me.

We carry guns because it's what we're into. We strategize and agonize and argue over caliber, capacity, reloads, carry methods.... Yada Yada Yada... And it's all good, because we can. This is America. Have at it.

But the example still isn't related to and doesn't support the assumption.

Page generated in 0.03711 seconds with 8 queries