View Single Post
Old May 28, 2010, 09:50 PM   #3
Deaf Smith

1. It goes 'bang' every time.

2. It must be controlable. That is powerful but not to where I cannot make fast second shots even weak handed.

3. It must be of decent power. .38/9mm +p is the floor. Anything below that is a backup gun, not the main carry.

4. It must be simple to opperate. At the most one safety to take off (but I prefer NO safety to disenguage.)

5. Must carry a decent supply of ammo. Six is the minimum, and 10-12 is mucho perferable. You cannot carry to much ammo, but you sure can carry to little.

6. It must be concealable. I mean really concealable for daily wear. If I cannot conceal it under practicle attire, I won't carry it.

7. It must be light enough to wear 8-10 hours a day. If it weighs a ton I won't carry it.

My Glock 26/27 fills that bill. So does my Smith Centennial (but because it only holds 5 rounds I mucho prefer a backup gun with it for the 'reload'.)

I find heavy BIG guns just don't cut it for daily wear. Plenty of sub-compacts on the market so no need to try to stuff a full sized 1911 or Glock 17 in your pants eight hours a day.

Deaf

Page generated in 0.03418 seconds with 8 queries