View Single Post
Old August 23, 2009, 11:03 PM   #44
jjyergler

ranburr,
I have to urge you to understand the point that Fiddletown, Tamara and Mas (love the fact that I can use a nickname for someone I admire so much. ) are making. In a perfect world, you are correct. Removing the disconnect should have no effect on a court case. However, you are dealing with the most amoral group of professionals in America. (Please see my next post, as I didn't properly express myself here.)

Lawyers are necessarily amoral, as everyone deserves representation, no matter how depraved; even the evil have rights that should be respected. Lawyers are also, unfortunately often immoral in their motives. Prosecutors twist facts to convict perfectly innocent persons. Defence attorneys close their eyes to facts that would convict their clients.

The point is simple: Don't give the prosecutor ANY additional fact that could be used against you. I've said before that if any member here is ever involved in a self defence shooting, EVERY POST THAT THEY HAVE EVER MADE WILL BE ON A PROJECTOR IN COURT! Just understand, the prosecutor doesn't always care about the truth. Often, they are worried about their next election and their conviction rates.

Another point that is being overlooked is civil liability. I believe Fiddletown is perfectly experienced in liability law. The plaintiff's lawyer will use every heartstring he can pull. That gangbanger's teachers and guidance counselor (likely antigun) will wax about his efforts (but probably not show his attendance record). His family's pastor will talk about how cheerful he was in Sunday school (even though the last time he saw the church was in fifth grade). His family court appointed therapist will explain how he was tortured by his efforts to escape the gang (but omit how tortured he was while in his office). I could continue, but you get the point.

On the otherhand, here is this ogre, staying up late at night, modifying his guns. Why the b#$%@&d installed night sights, mounted a flashlight on his gun, regularly fired at human shaped targets, used special "law enforcement only" ammunition, by God, he even used ammunition that is outlawed for military use by the Hague Conventions. Understand that for many lawyers, truth is to be ignored, winning is how they are judged.
Hi Standard Supermatic Citation .22LR - Tincans Beware

Last edited by jjyergler; August 23, 2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Unintended insult explained in the next post.

Page generated in 0.04303 seconds with 8 queries