View Single Post
Old July 21, 2005, 07:22 PM   #29
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
a real FIRST HAND incident of a properly executed immediate action drill resulting in an injury because of a true delayed detonation of commercially manufactured ammo
[sarcasm]You're right--we should wait until we can document an injury (preferably a serious one) before recommending that people follow generally accepted safety procedures.[/sarcasm]

Ok, once more I want to make it clear that if the users of the range have agreed to follow a different set of safety rules, then it's a totally different story. But if you're "training" at a public range with other shooters nearby, it's your responsibility to see that you don't take actions that endanger them. When dealing with firearms that means that you follow ALL the established firearm safety rules. That includes keeping the muzzle pointed downrange after a misfire long enough to be reasonably certain that it's not a hangfire.

I don't see that this is a difficult distinction (public range, standard rules vs private or controlled range, special rules), nor do I see why this distinction should cause anyone any problems.

Last edited by JohnKSa; July 21, 2005 at 11:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.02975 seconds with 8 queries