View Single Post
Old October 14, 2021, 09:39 PM   #26
Shadow9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP View Post
only in a semi auto, and now only thanks to stupid laws that define handguns with magazines out side the grips as assault weapons, (and as such prohibited in some states). Think of some Olympic match pistols and the classic C96 "Broomhandle" Mauser, which do not have magazines in the grip frame.

Or, for that matter, an AR "pistol". None of these has cartridge length limited by what an average person can get their hand around.

Also.

Some are bolt action and some are gas operated, I have examples of both, but they are not common and not what most people look for (and by most I mean volume of numbers). The standard service pistols for over a century have mostly been locked breech, not delayed blowback, but that is not for pressure reason, its for size and weight limitations.

The "roller lock" system used by H&K for 50K+psi rifle rounds is a delayed blowback. And the Astra 600 is a straight blowback 9mm Parabellum.

its not that a certain locking system can't/won't contain high pressure, its the PRACTICALITY of making one that will, small enough and light enough to not only work as a handgun, but also be acceptable to the market. (And, the govt).
I understand there are many types of pistols. However semi auto, magazine in grip, and revolvers still reign as the primary forms. The others are absolutely awesome and I have the utmost respect for them, but they are generally the exception to the rule based on what I have seen.

In relation to AR Pistols type. While I understand that they are technically pistols, I don't consider them to be. In GENERAL, I don't consider Rifles or Sub machine gun designs that have had their stock removed to be classified as pistols, to be pistols. This is my personal opinion on the matter, simply how I look at it, not trying to make waves, just trying to clarify the view point from which I am coming. I am happy for them and the people that like them. I think they need to abolish NFA.

In relation to the single shot and bolt action target type pistols, most follow the lines of precision bolt cartridges and wildcats in relation to cartridge development from what I have seen.

Last edited by Shadow9mm; October 14, 2021 at 09:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.03352 seconds with 8 queries