View Single Post
Old December 14, 2005, 06:19 PM   #1
U.S.SFC_RET

AREA TARGET VS POINT TARGET during a CRITICAL MOMENT

Serving 20+ years in the army I have never been trained to take out targets by shooting them in the head. The head is the first part of the body that will move in the first place ie. Flinching motion. Center mass is the name of the game from the diaphram up. A pistol doesn't have the killing power as a rifle, doesn't have the knockdown power as a rifle. Learn to double tap. Remember that if the bad guy is wearing heavy clothing JHPs will not, I repeat will not mushroom in the body and will have a tendency to still go through the torso. Shooting someone in the head is risky business at best with a pistol. More than likely when you shoot the BG with a fast round he probably won't go down this is why the M1911 45 ACP was adopted. Accuracy isn't about shooting targets on the range although that's great stuff targets don't shoot back. Most people have never even heard a shot fired in anger or directed at them by the so called enemy. you must train your mind to fire center mass at the Bad Guy. If you condition your mind to fire a head shot when the SHFT you may indeed lock up during that split second and life saving critical moment. If you think you can pull a pistol and bear it on a BG with a ton of adrenalin flowing through you and shoot him in the head you will get yourself killed.
Many people fancy them selves as firearms instructors who don't have the experience needed "other than the range" I am not one of those people
4. Know the target and what's beyond it.

Page generated in 0.03186 seconds with 8 queries