View Single Post
Old August 5, 2011, 07:54 AM   #8
LDBennett

Take it from my experience, you will not always reload for just one caliber. At some point you will want to reload for a rifle caliber and if you go with the SQ Deal you will have to buy another press. If you go with the RL550B you get three presses that will do anything (except 50BMG). The RL550B can be used single stage, as a turret press, or as a full progressive. It uses anyone's standard die sets.

It is the fact that it does not have auto indexing of the table that allows it to be so versatile. Auto indexing is over rated. With auto indexing if there is a screw up on the table it becomes a big deal. On the RL550B you can make the table go forward or back to fix the problem (no matter what press you buy there will be occasional screw ups and you will have to clear the press .... its just part of the game).

I originally, some 25 years ago, bought the SQ Deal as I only had a 9 mm pistol. In less than a year I had bought rifles and had to replace the SQ Deal with a RL550B. I now have three safes full of guns for which I reload, all on my 25 year old RL550B. That is over 30 different calibers! I use my press so much that it has been rebuilt for free by Dillon three times.

In your case using the RL550B you can easily reload your 200 rounds in an hour on the RL550B. In fact, you will find that once you get going in a session you will not stop at 200 rounds and will develop a backlog of supply. For two hours you might get 500 rounds and reduce the number of session required to maintain your regular usage. But what I have found is I just shoot more, but that's me.

LDBennett

Page generated in 0.03293 seconds with 8 queries