View Single Post
Old January 5, 2009, 11:24 PM   #33
alan

Glenn E. Meyer writes:

Crime in New York as decreased dramatically because of banning Garands. No landing craft full of criminals carrying Garands stormed Brighton Beach or established beach heads on Staten Island. See, it is a good policy.

Long Island and the Hamptons are safe also because of this policy.

I removed myself from NYC, where I had been born, raised and lived for many years in 1967, however even in those fargone years, neither I had niot taken note of the city being invaded, perhaps by the British coming down from Canada, so there would be no "need" for the possession of "assault weapons", such as the Garand, by the citizenry.

As for The Hamptons being held safe, I think it's more a question of attitude, rather than the banning of so-called "assault weapos" that keeps them safe. In any case, The Hamptons are somewhat removed from NYC and it's ordinances.

As to Brighton Beach, were we used to play outdoor handball during the summer, as I understand, that area has been pretty much taken over by what is sometimes known as The Russian Mafia, gun control didn't work there either.

Page generated in 0.03271 seconds with 8 queries