View Single Post
Old December 1, 1999, 08:19 PM   #11
Beano

Hi Dorsai,

MOO, its chalk and cheese and Benelli's the cheese. The M1 super90 is magnificent and especially with loads of 1 1/8oz or above are virtually unstoppable. I have seen them work straight out of the box with 24g (gram) loads. However, a simple recoil spring change that allows light loads will solve any ejection problems if they crop up.

There is a reason that Beretta Recoil Semi-Auto's have Benelli internals. Benelli actions are the simplest and FASTEST around. Beretta has just bought the company. No doubt they will pirate all of Benelli's technology, just like they did with Perazzi, before getting rid of it.

The 1201f is a carbon copy of an early Black Eagle and the Pintail is an Exact, Precise, Carbon Copy of the early Benelli 121sl80's. One thing is to be said for Beretta. When they copy, they copy good. There is absolutely nothing wrong with either the 1201f or the Pintail.

MOO, there is no gas operated semi auto, as reliable as a recoil operated semi auto. However, if I had my choice of gas guns, first would be the Beretta's and second the Browning Gold. The 1100/87's are too finicky for me. I don't like o-rings and things of that nature. With my Benelli's I don't need to walk around with a tool kit and parts, or to have a spare in the car.

Another thing, balance, Benelli's and Beretta's are so much better balanced than 1100/87's. They are a joy to shoot for extended periods. When they used to come with a butt plate only, some people thought the felt recoil was a little heavy. Improved shooting technique, especially on moving targets, will help eliminate felt recoil. Also, Benelli's of today come with nice big recoil pads. These help a lot too. An 1100/87 is an nice shooting gun, when its working, but hurts the left hand a bit too much.

MOO, Benelli's are the best semi autos in the world.

ENJOY SHOTGUNNING and try ISSF Skeet.

Page generated in 0.03218 seconds with 8 queries