View Single Post
Old April 4, 2021, 01:03 PM   #15
stagpanther

Quote:
I am a proud MDT chassis owner....my advice is get out while you can. Unless you are thrilled with the ergonomics and handling, I would consider bailing to a B&C stock.

I’m considering doing that, but I have to do my due diligence first with the rifle I have....then think next step.

The solution to the LSS is to buy an LSS-XL. The solution to the buttstock issues is their buttstock....or so it seems....not so modular, eh....

Frankly for what I have into mine, the ergos are too poor.

All-in-all, not bad, just not great chassis, IMO. Be forewarned, I get incredibly nit picky when I spend a lot on something. It is a personal failing.

I like your setup. What trigger are you running in it.
Well Nathan--it looks like you fed me a large serving of crow, whether that was your intention or not. I recently bought a Howa 1500 barreled receiver in 300 win mag from Brownells and treated the bore with Tubbs final finish lapping bullets. I have a B&C stock that I originally bought, pillared and bedded for a weatherby vanguard in 300 wby mag but it never did shoot very well in it, and so it has sat in the safe for a while. I decided to slap the Howa 300 win mag receiver into it this morning just for grins, to make matters more challenging its blowing over 30 mph into a quartering headwind @ 184 yds where I shot this morning. I honestly was expecting lousy results, but instead got this. Go figure.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4525.jpg (102.5 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg 300wm 180VLD 82.6 magpro 184yds.jpg (107.0 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg 300wm 180VLD 82.8 magpro 184yds.jpg (100.8 KB, 229 views)

Last edited by stagpanther; April 5, 2021 at 02:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 9 queries