View Single Post
Old November 1, 2013, 09:59 PM   #16
ritepath

My SR45 has had a few issues, I've chimed in on several 45 threads concerning the newest ruger.

Mine had a few light strikes; one the second or third time out, then 4 the third or fourth time out, around 150-200 round mark, I removed the striker and cleaned all the leftover factory grease and there were a load of little brass shavings that I also removed. Zero issues since then...

At some point it also started to fail to lock back. I couldn't determine WTH I had done to cause this issue if anything. After reading a few threads I decided it wasn't worth sending back. I fixed this minor problem on my own in the BIOMED way.

My observations from owning a G20, M&P9c and now the SR. The mag catch design sucks arse, the Slide catch and spring design suck arse, the striker and channel setup??? well I just can't figure out that problem. Is it the striker block? It sure isn't a problem with the mag disconnect I had light strikes with and without it installed.

Now I love ruger as much as the next man, and my SR (for now) is a solid performer. I love this little gun but it needs some improvements before I would feel comfortable trusting my life with this pistol. I'd have no trouble trusting my P89, and I do trust my LCP without question.

Only time (and another 1000 rounds or so) will tell the story of my SR. One thing I do know for sure, this puppy is accurate and I love the trigger. Is it Glock or M&P quality? No, but you can find them at gun shows for 369...if Ruger would add 100 bucks in quality parts there's no doubt this would be a top notch pistol.

Then again there's thousands of SR45 owners that aren't crying on algores internets that have no problem with the pistol as it's designed now.

I read over on M4 that ruger owners were mostly berm shooters and old turds that didn't know better, maybe he was right...

Page generated in 0.02632 seconds with 8 queries