View Single Post
Old May 20, 2011, 09:27 PM   #6
bedbugbilly

Thanks fellas for all the great information - I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to getting the time to get over to the gun shop and pick it up. I think I can locate a box of balls to shoot until I can get a mold - would like to try the sizes you're talking about before I commit to a mold. I've alwaqys heard that they are a great shooter and will certainly keep a watch on the screws in reference to Doc's suggestion. I probably could have scrounged around at gun shows and eventually found one but the price I paid for it was much lower than what I could have purchased a new one for from S & S and the like. For all intents and purposes, the one I bought basically is NIB as it hasn't ever been shot. I was happy, the dealer was happy . . so it was good all the way around. The only problem is, if I like shooting this .44 . . . well . . . it will probably lead to other .44s? I've shot .36s so long that I hope I can take the recoil of "the big boys". I'm attaching a photo of the one I bought. When I get it, I'll take other photos and let you know how the shooting goes. Again, many thanks! And I know that Doc doesn't like holsters . . . but this winter, I'll be making a cozy little rig for my R & S too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pix299389497.jpg (46.0 KB, 80 views)
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02832 seconds with 9 queries