View Single Post
Old May 15, 2009, 06:07 PM   #32
Smokin' gun

I remember Gunnison barely visible/ and the man that sold it to me said it was Gunnison. I wouldn't have remembered unless we bought a pietta Reb Confederate that said it was Gunnison and Rigby replica.. But I'm sure you are right because over 100 years maybe (who owned the gun" interchanged parts. Also, I'm going to change my name---when I get over my ADD and CRS. I pack Thompsons breach plug grease in that hole on the 1861 navy. Remember, these guns don't have bushings or bearings so grease is the only thing I can think of to protect these little springs or just think of them as bearings and have a box full of them. A spring rubbing up and down through that channel is going to break. And how do you heat treat a hammer hand spring since it's stamped into an already hardened part. I also don't think that the parts back in the day were as good as they are now. That is probably why there were so many gunsmiths in that era. And I did not get a grip on "2&3 generation colts discussion. If they have not been fired they still have the factory grease. So--you're saying that you can shoot um clean and sell them for the same price. ? I didn't quite understand that response--

Billy Hardy/ The Smokin' Gun ,Spartanburg SC

Page generated in 0.02266 seconds with 8 queries