Thread: Canned hunt
View Single Post
Old March 10, 2007, 08:23 PM   #32
Charles S

While I have no interest in responding to Boogyman, there are a couple of points I would like to address.

Quote:
Call me a romantic, maybe. To me, the hunt-package is a lot more important than the kill. BSing around a campfire, camp cooking, being with like-minded friends. Without the cameraderie, it's not all that much fun.
Art, that is truly one of the great pleasures in life. Those aspect, to me are as important as the hunt.

Not to say I don't often hunt alone. I do, but I love to be with friends, to camp, to cook, to hunt in a group with the camaraderie.

Quote:
They are canned hunts and should be against the law.
Just because I don't agree with someone philosophically does not mean I want to outlaw what they are doing. I personally think that is a current problem in America.

I would not want to participate in a canned hunt, but I also don't want them outlawed.

If someone chooses to hunt a penned elk, then IMHO that is their perogitive and it is not my job to outlaw that. If I can educate them, well that is something else.

I personally don't think that hunting with inline muzzle loaders, modern optics and having the capability of 200+ yard shots really is following the original intent of muzzle load hunting. I do not, however, want to outlaw the use of inlines.

Hunters and shooters should support one another, educate each other. Not try to outlaw activities we don't like, don't understand, or don't like.

Mr. Zumbo's blog is an excellent example of the problems I am talking about.

Last edited by Johnny Guest; March 11, 2007 at 07:22 PM. Reason: correct member's name

Page generated in 0.02080 seconds with 8 queries