View Single Post
Old August 17, 2017, 04:20 PM   #1
JoeSixpack

Less Lethal Carry Options

Ok So I've been thinking.
I don't really feel like im equipped to deal with situations that fall short of deadly force.

Although I really do not wanna add anything to my EDC I feel I need to.
After weighing my options I've come to the conclusion that a 2oz bottle of pepper spray is going to be the best/most cost effective middle ground between bare hands and a handgun.

Im looking to hear from those who have used pepper spray and their thoughts.
I don't need to hear about how bad a choice it is because of potential blow back.. we've all heard it, we all know it, no point dwelling on that.
(Im open to all other criticisms of this choice however)

I would also like to hear what OTHER things people might be using in concert or in place of pepper spray.

I created a poll.
I will tell you my thoughts on each choice

Knives was rule out for two reasons, Knives can't be carried concealed as weapons in Ohio, a CHL does not change this, and they are deadly like firearms.
I do carry a pocket knife not as a weapon though and I'd have to be desperate to reach for it, No real training with knife fighting.

Batons: Seems like a good choice, It might have won over the spray but Baton's are illegal to conceal in Ohio even with a CHL.. so it's no go for me

Stungun: contact weapon, works but would need continuous contact.. I don't consider it all that effective.

Taser: Ruled out for cost.. we're looking at about 350+

Kubaton or other striking weapon: little to no reach advantage I didn't feel confidant with such a weapon.

Flashlight with strike bezel: same situation as the Kubaton, Although I do carry a flash light with one.

Spray: The obvious con is some can fight thru it and potential blow back can get you too, despite this it seems like the best less lethal option.. infact I'd go as far as to say non-lethal, It's also fairly cheap.

Have I missed anything?

Page generated in 0.02175 seconds with 8 queries