View Single Post
Old October 15, 2013, 05:53 PM   #10
Jeff2131

My vote is for both, BUT, i feel like, getting a single stage first and learning to reload and get comfortable with it would best serve a beginner. The advantages of this are you will get a "feel" for the feel of resizing and seating. And by this i mean, as you lower the handle on the press, you can accually feel whats going on and the case is resized and the bullet is seating. Once youve done thjs enough you will be able to immediately tell if there is a problem while sizing and loading rounds. Another advantage is, with a single stage press you have many more opportunities to "HANDLE" the brass and this will enable you to catch issues before they become unsafe issues. Another advantage to single stage is, when you decide to go progressive, you can still leave the single stage mounted to the bench to serve as a deticated press other additional steps in the process.

I reload for 9mm and .40s&w and i use a single stage. I can crank out 500 of either round in about 2-3 hours, after tumbling and inspecting of course. Also, if you dont mind me asking, where abouts in PA did you move to...just curious if you are close to where i live, we could meet up and shoot and i could even show you my setup for reloading so you can get a good visual idea of what you may be looking for.

Page generated in 0.04020 seconds with 8 queries