View Single Post
Old October 2, 2011, 11:10 AM   #1194
BGutzman

Quote:
They believe this was part of a convoluted plan for the Obama administration and the attorney general to actually increase the level of violence on the Mexican border with assault weapons purchased in the U.S. in an apparent attempt to rekindle interest in an assault weapons ban.
I don’t know what percentage of weapons were assault weapons vs other categories. My reading to date seems to empathize that the 50 cal sniper rifles were a favorite but that may only have been the writers preference and not by the numbers fact.

But the perception (right or wrong) I have is that this was focused on 50 cal and assault weapons with a sprinkling of handguns that supposedly have some body armor penetrating capability or are easy to conceal.

My estimation is that they were trying to arm the cartels with sniper weapons so that they could shoot our non ATF border agents from the other side of the river (border) thus supply the chaos and death that they could point at our gun dealers for. (Even though the dealers were only obeying ATF orders and would not have otherwise made the sale.)

The Assault weapons providing some extra hype and the supposedly armor penetrating pistols providing a brew that could be used to show all guns in general as being a threat. (Even though the whole situation was contrived using tax payer dollars)

I think the goal was banning or restricting guns to the point that business was going to be impossible but the program never got the whole octopus of new regulations they only got started.

Unless the sniper rifles were to be incorporated into the assault weapons ban I think the goal had to be more than just an assault weapons ban. I could be wrong but the vary variety of weapons seems to suggest a larger scope.

Page generated in 0.03459 seconds with 8 queries