View Single Post
Old December 14, 2022, 10:49 AM   #5
cslinger

Quote:
It was definitely a huge improvement over what I normally see. If I could see that picture all the time I'd be a much better shooter!
I shoot iron sighted peep/aperture air rifles quite a lot. I have had crappy vision since I was manufactured and surprise it’s not getting any better as I head to 50. I experience the very same thing and always curse the fact that if I could attain the same sight picture it would really help.

I have noticed a few things shooting with glasses.

-Any tilt of your head might put your eye into a different focus and it can be very difficult to duplicate this as not only do you need to find the right spot like every shooter you also have to deal with the fact your glasses are moving all the time.

-smudges or other crap on your glasses that you may barely notice in normal activities will play hell with shooting focus and precision.

-Your facial movements/resting attributes matter with glasses. Do you shoot better open mouth or closed, squinting or wide eyed, tightly closed off eye or slightly closed etc. etc. these all matter to sight picture not only because of the effect on your shooting eye but your glasses position as well.

-Just how your eyes are working that day. Fatigued/scratchy/focusing differently all of us glasses wearers do fight with this stuff more then we realize then most folks with 20/20 vision

At the end of the day it can be a real challenge shooting for precision with glasses and irons even more so with glasses. I realize air to powder is different but the fundamentals remain.

Page generated in 0.02233 seconds with 8 queries