View Single Post
Old March 10, 2013, 10:37 AM   #1
F23Blackwidow2

Sniper or infantry?

Hello Everyone,

I'm here to ask the age old question that just about eveyone who has ever purchased a rifle is asking themselves. Do I want a high rate of fire semi auto, or a percision bolt action rifle. But my question is a bit more specific, and on a budget.

I'm looking at 2 high quality guns for around the same price. The Howa 1500 in .30-06, or a service grade H&R M1 Garand from the CMP, also in .30-06.

I love the Howa for its accuracy and quality, and the M1 Garand for its history and 'Ban Proof-ness'. I live in NY, so bans are a big probelm.

And the ammo isn't even a deciding factor. I know you can get cheap M2 ball ammo for the M1, but since its a semi auto, I think I would go through more of it. I know I do with my .22. With a bolt action, I would probably use more expensive ammo, but use less of it, so the cost would be about the same.

I know that the howa will probably shot about 1.5 MOA out of the box, but I'll be taking a gamble on the M1 Garand.

I will probably buy both of them in the future, but I'm on a serious money crunch.

So, any suggestions, opinions, and spelling errors that I defiently made?

Thanks,
Ken B.

Page generated in 0.02355 seconds with 8 queries