View Single Post
Old January 24, 2013, 11:26 AM   #52
willhud

I have received emails from 3 of the Congressmen here in Florida after filling out the Ruger Online Petition. Below is the response from Dennis Ross - Fl, Rep.

As you can see, the Ruger Petition is getting to it's intended recipients. That said, not all the responses are as favorable as Mr. Ross's. Bill Nelson's certainly wasn't, but that was to be expected.

---

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate that you took the time to express your views on this important matter and am happy to respond.

The senseless violence which occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School has no place in our society and certainly has no place in our classrooms. As a Christian, and as a father, I joined Americans across the country as I followed the heartbreaking reports pouring out of Newtown, Connecticut.

Unfortunately, it did not take long for gun control advocates to begin using this disaster as a means to push for more restrictive and anti-gun legislation.

As your elected representative in Congress, I took an oath to protect the Constitution, and that includes the Second Amendment, which provides the right to keep and bear arms by all law-abiding citizens. As we move forward through the 113th Congress, you can be sure that I will fight against legislation that infringes upon your Constitutional freedoms.

It is an honor and a privilege to represent constituents like you of the 15th District of Florida. To learn more on how I may serve you, please visit http://dennisross.house.gov. Please feel free to continue to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,

Page generated in 0.02585 seconds with 8 queries