View Single Post
Old October 17, 2011, 02:33 PM   #11
secret_agent_man

Quote:
Broun also protects the right of gun owners in non-permit states like Vermont and allows them to carry out-of-state without a permit
LOL, try explaining that to a cop in the street. As the saying goes, you may be right, but you're taking a free ride right now.

Quote:
I can see certain States passing legislation that enacts a "General Carry License" that is very restricted in where you can carry and where you can not. To keep certain people happy (the elite), they can also pass a Special Carry License" which would allow those folks to carry most anywhere.
Maybe you can see the above, but I have not seen a SCOTUS ruling on the degree of scrutiny as applied to gun rights. Such as you suggest will not survive strict scrutiny, should strict scrutiny apply. Who knows at this point?

This entire thread is worded with the assumption concealed carry must be permitted. I don't see a lot to support that notion, other than that's the way it is, and has been for some time. And this may be sufficient. Bummer.

If concealment statutes do somehow survive, the process will be parred down from what it is in most states. Something similar to the check you are subjected to on purchasing a handgun, accompanied by a small fee equivalent to the cost of same. No more "cash cows" for money grubbing state governments.

In the meantime, however, reciprocity between the states would certainly be desirable, given the current state of affairs.

Page generated in 0.02677 seconds with 8 queries