View Single Post
Old August 28, 2008, 06:20 PM   #52
Derius_T

hogdogs wrote:

Quote:
If i am not 100% positive it is an intruder my likely statement would be a simple "MAY I HELP YOU?" if I do not recognize the voice as someone allowed in my home I MUST fire instantly as I have given up the element of surprise and stealth.
Quote:
Not sure I would maintain this composure but my intended 911 statement would be along these lines... 911: "911 police fire or medical please?" Me:"i think you may want to send police and an ambulance." 911: "Sir what is your emergency? what has happened?" Me:"No rush, no emergency. An intruder has been shot and is not moving, He in xxxxxx room I am going to be UNARMED when the officer arrives. I am the resident along with wife and 2 young adult children... We are all okay and safe... see ya when ya get here... take ya'lls time, Bye... "
Quote:
If any one thinks they can waltz in my home and rob me is either so stupid he can't know right from wrong or so brazen he knows but chooses wrong! In either case I cannot fathom handing out free passes...
Quote:
Glenn, He will be dead... I can't take my eyes off the thug to call 911 until he is no longer a threat and I am neither a battlefield surgeon nor mortician I am a simple guy and deciding threat or no threat is as easy as breathing or not breathing...It is callous but thug life rules say things like live by the gun die by the gun.
Quote:
I permanently attached a bianchi leather holster to the front end of every motorcycle I rode... An empty pistol holster is a scary thing!
There are alot of people on this board who do not use their heads. So many with such bravado and swagger. So many that seem, comfy in their computer chairs, to have no remorse, and no thought for human life. These attitudes are bad. Thank God that most people with these Clint Eastwood Make My Day attitudes are usually the first to pee their pants or run screaming and shaking when their tough guy button is not engaged, safely behind the internet.

Sorry to pick on you so much hogdogs, its just that you made the most statements that show an attitude that I could most defiantly use against you in court. You make it easy with your own rambo rants to paint you as a murderer. A cold, callous, rambo wanna-be, just waiting to deal out death to anyone who crossed your path, with no thought of remorse or negotiation.

You live your thug life, and how dare they be so brazen to challenge me, and oh yeah 911, take your time, this dude's dead, who cares....

You think these words, and others won't be dug up by a good attorney and used to put you in prison? Regardless of what laws may be in place, they paint you in a bad light to a jury, and you acting like dirty harry, and you could find yourself in deep trouble.

Self Defence is to save a life ONLY. PERIOD. Not an excuse to play tough guy. And I'm not trying to bust your balls here, you just need to scrutinize what you say and write carefully. The Prosecution undoubtedly will.....

Page generated in 0.04073 seconds with 8 queries