View Single Post
Old January 27, 2024, 09:11 AM   #12
rickyrick

One time checking traps I had a single boar in a box trap so I shot him in the top of the head with a 45 colt. The bullet exited somewhere low in the neck or chest, can’t remember exactly, I just recall seeing it striking the ground and blood pouring out. He immediately locked up and fell over.
I went to the truck to get the rope to drag him out of the trap, took a minute or two because the rope was under some hay. When I turned back around he was back on his feet milling around the trap. Kinda tripped me out.
I hunted them for a number of years in the rolling plains area of Texas then moved away, it was pretty fun, I mainly enjoyed being out under the stars amongst the mesquite and coyotes, laying in wait.
Now I live back in Texas, purchased my own little stretch of Deep East Texas forest. I have pigs within 200 feet from the back of my house, the one in the above picture is one of them.
It’s not nearly as convenient as one would think, by the time I get back there, they are gone lol. I’m on my third year and haven’t killed one pig, lol.

Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 8 queries