View Single Post
Old December 17, 2010, 03:05 PM   #27
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTio3
However, I must offer that advising someone to take a video of a self-defense encounter sounds like advice from someone who has never been in a self-defense encounter. If you are fighting for your life or limb, you need both your feet, all ten fingers, both arms, every wit you can muster, and probably a weapon. Somehow pulling out my cell-phone, waiting for my camera app to load and then attempting to take a discernible video of the event while fighting for my life doesn't exactly, in my mind, rate anywhere close to "Am I going to have to kill this guy?" or "Where's the best cover, and how do I get away?"

Now, I can hope against all hope that a bystander pulls out their phone and tapes it; as I am not going to be unjustified in displaying my weapon anyway. But that's about where my thoughts on surveillance end when I'm confronted by a man that wants my life.
Well said, LT. It would seem readily obvious that any legitimate SD situation is pretty well by definition going to preclude the actual defender from video taping the incident.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that any situation wherein the "defender" is able to video tape the incident is virtually certain to NOT be a legitimate deadly force encounter.

Page generated in 0.02261 seconds with 8 queries