View Single Post
Old March 17, 2010, 02:23 AM   #45
Fat Moe

Scary incident, could've been very very ugly

I was 23 years old and in the state police academy. My room-mate had already been working for the local PD for 2 years. One Saturday morning around 7am or so I hear a loud banging on our front door. I wake up and groggily go to the window, look out and see a cop buddy of my roommate. He is an ugly SOB, an ex marine with a pockmarked face and a bad attitude. I had met him before at a BBQ, he was still in uniform, so I open the door to him and say "hey what's up man?"

He goes right by me and into the living room, demands that I tell him where Dave's room is (Dave is not his real name) I'm still half asleep and think the guy is posturing and this must be some cop joke (remember I'm still only a cadet myself) So I tell him "yeah his room is back there, down the hallway on the right hand side."

I think no more of it and go back into my own room and crawl into bed. A minute or two later I hear all sorts of yelling and screaming, furniture being knocked over and a loud struggle. Then I hear the ex marine cop yelling "Dave you f**** weasel! I knew I couldn't trust you! I'm going to kill you!"

At this point I peer outside my door and the ex marine cop is dragging a woman by the hair out of my room-mate's room. My room-mate is following behind them with a t-shirt on and a pillow covering the lower front of his body. He whispers to me "hey, do me a favor please. come out here with us, and be my witness. this guy just caught me ***** his wife and he's crazy"

I walk into my room and there is more yelling in the living room so I stuff my Beretta 92fs down my boxer shorts and throw a track shirt on and go into the living room. I try to sit down on the couch nonchalantly while the ex marine cop is yelling and screaming at the top of his lungs.

I think to myself "what the he** did I get myself into here? This guy is going to draw and shoot my roommate, his wife, then kill me and then commit suicide. this is some crazy typical cop s***" As you can imagine the gun is sliding down my boxers and I'm nervous trying not to draw attention to myself.

To make a long story short, the guy ended up leaving with his wife a few minutes later after more yelling and threatening. My roommate thanked me and plopped down on the couch. I went and locked the front door and we called ourselves lucky. Dave immediately told me that it wasn't my fault that I opened the door and I felt a little better.

It wasn't exactly self defense but I'm glad I had my gun on me. To this day I think if the gun had slipped down my boxers the guy could have been pushed over the edge and done us all in with his service pistol. At the same time though, I didn't want to be completely defenseless. Up to that point in my life it was the scariest situation I had found myself in. I was young and scared or I would've at least put on some pants!

Hopefully none of the parties involved read this.

hehe

Last edited by Fat Moe; March 17, 2010 at 03:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.03972 seconds with 8 queries