View Single Post
Old May 15, 2010, 04:49 AM   #10
softmentor

I shoot IPSC, but I hear it's not that much different. I'm an old fat guy with bad knees (ever since little league, and they haven't gotten better with the years) and an even worse back. I still shoot about middle of the pack at my local club on an average day. Actually, haven't been shooting this year, do to job and $ but, have enjoyed many a good shoot. I also shoot with my duty gear gun and mag holsters so that slows me down a bit more, but I shoot because I enjoy the personal challenge of improving myself, and because the other folks are good folks to be around. As a side benefit, its a way to keep competent in case the day ever came I needed to use it for self defense, at least I would know how to handle the gun safely.
Sure, if I had good knees, I could move up a little, but I can only remember one stage where it was a big problem. Most stages it is not even a factor, a few it's a minor nuisance. getting a "race gun", optics, and speed holsters would probably move me up a little too, but I don't need to win first place to enjoy a little friendly competition. If I improve myself, I feel I have won. It's a lot of fun, go out and give it a try.

Page generated in 0.03338 seconds with 8 queries