View Single Post
Old May 13, 2017, 08:38 AM   #32
taylorce1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tom
I bought this rifle around 2012 or 2013 and I had it special ordered from the Factory at my local gun shop. I'm fairly certain it's a 1:9 twist. I'm not sure if the H&R website can give me any info on it being that the company went under.
There are other places to get the info you need besides the H&R web page. Graybeard Outdoors and Marlin Owners forum both have a H&R forum with a lot of info on them. I mainly use Graybeard as I'm registered there and can post questions. Graybeard has a very extensive FAQ page on Handi Rifles that'll save you a lot of internet search time.

Even if you find out your rifle was manufactured after 2007, I'd still check the twist rate. You never know if they accidentally used a barrel that was supposed to go on a .22-250. Stranger things have happened, than a barrel being mixed up at the factory.

The nice thing about H&R rifles is you can change the barrels to a larger cartridge, it isn't as simple as TC Contender/Encore but it isn't hard. There are many places you can find a used barrel like one of the forums, eBay, and gunbroker if you watch you can find one to fit in your budget. .243 barrels were pretty common and can be had fairly reasonable. A gunsmith can fit the barrel to your action since H&R no longer offers this service, or if you are handy you can do it yourself pretty easily.

Page generated in 0.02618 seconds with 8 queries