View Single Post
Old October 7, 2000, 10:25 PM   #20
Glamdring

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M1911:
I'm curious why you say that. While attacks to the holster are perhaps less likely for someone carrying concealed, Lindell also has methods for defending attacks against a drawn gun. Which retention techniques do you favor for someone carrying concealed? Or do you feel that someone carrying concealed doesn't require retention techniques?
M1911
[This message has been edited by M1911 (edited October 07, 2000).]
[/quote]

Ralph Mroz's view is probably the closest to mine when it comes to weapon rentention. Though I also like Suarez's techniques

I think simple hand to hand skills & situational awareness are more important than weapon retention for most people that have a CCW.

BTW it is easy to retain a gun in a pocket holster even if you haven't studied weapon rentention. An ankle holster is also fairly secure in that sense. Something to remember that none of the name people/schools have ever mention as far as I know.

Pocket and crossdraw holsters also allow one to get a grip on gun without being real obvious.

Page generated in 0.03315 seconds with 8 queries