View Single Post
Old February 8, 2000, 03:36 PM   #10
muleshoe

As a land owner and owner of a few dozen cows I would be more impressed if you showed up during the off season with your fencin pliers rather than your targets. Not that that ain't a good idea too. Or maybe show up when I've got my 10 yr. old girl driving the tractor while I'm throwing bales on the rack behind. Or stacking them in the loft when it's 95 out. I may be a little more open about where I've seen that big buck hanging out all summer.(well, not the BIG one) Maybe offer to build some of those ladders to cross fences instead of stepping on the wires. Find out when he has projects going on like baling hay or fence building and be there to help. Landowners aren't as free with hunting privileges as they used to be. Lotsa vandalism, theft, and trespassing have soured many. On privately owned ground it is a privilege not a right to be able to hunt there. Try to develope some kind of friendship with them. I put up a couple thousand bales of hay every summer and if someone came out and helped me he'd sure be a friend of mine. Insure the landowner you are responsible and won't be drinking while shooting and will haul out what you haul in.

------------------
bullet placement is gun control

Page generated in 0.02263 seconds with 8 queries