View Single Post
Old October 6, 2002, 07:01 PM   #3
biere

Someone beat me to the camera option, very nice cases since camera stuff is expensive and also far more susceptable to banging than I would think handguns would be.

My first case was simply a cheap leather briefcase from wally world, office supply, or something along those lines. You can leave the top stuff for holding papers in if you wish.

Then go buy some quality foam, I need some more as a used gun I bought came with a soso quality chinese made aluminum case. The lock in it sucks. But does work, so oh well.

A search on how to cut foam will turn up how to do it, and you can form fit your stuff any way you wish. Camera places should have foam as well. I was going to look around home depot or something tomorrow as I want some huge pieces, like the size those yellow foam mattress pads are, but I want anything not yellow.

I have no clue on your airline regulations, and your bolt down concept is up to you since most cases show you running a chain through the handle, but the handle is normally not reinforced really well in my opinion.

The aluminum cases rock, but get a really good one as I am thinking about redoing the lock on the one I got, luckily I consider it almost free so oh well.

I got the leather case since most people never give it a 2nd look.

Page generated in 0.03395 seconds with 8 queries