View Single Post
Old August 10, 2022, 02:00 PM   #19
101combatvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothdel View Post
https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...he%20denial%3F

I went through the FBI appeal process. I submitted the 2 criminal record searches that showed no arrests or charges against my Name/DOB/SSC in CO where the disqualifying record was found. I also sent back the letter from the clerk of courts where she found a record containing my first/last name and DOB which upon further examination did not contain a middle name. She researched and found the middle name of the individual and it did not match mine. She stated she changed the record and provided this information to the FBI. Along with that I provided my Birth Certificate and SSN card. At this point I have not done fingerprints as that would require me to take time off work so holding out hope I don't have to go that far. As of the morning of 8/10 no update to my original post.
I would now call their closest field office and talk to an agent. In my experience, they have been helpful. They may be able to push this on to the next level. I can tell you that they are busy because current politics has been running a muck on the firearms issue, and over the last few months, buying has been high.

Page generated in 0.03735 seconds with 8 queries