View Single Post
Old July 16, 2018, 07:32 PM   #9
craddleshooter

What's high end to me is not so much to them. For me if it helps me see better than I can without it, it's of some use. I've only got 2 scopes that are actually good gear. I din't know you could see holes in a shoot and see at 100 yards with a 3-9 scope till I used another guys rifle that had a Zeiss on it. I was amazed as I had always gone with the most magnification I could get in the price range I had. Doing that I had never had anything GOOD, but did have stuff I could use.

One of the first things I learned from the residents here was that GOOD glass beats higher magnification every time.

Ilya has done a lot of homework and has things broken down pretty well by price range and does a lot of comparisons. I'll post a link to his thoughts on your price range here in a sec.

If all you've had previous experience with is wal-mart scopes and such, then that Leopold VXII likely did look really good. "not at all being judgmental, talking from experience myself"

My .02 is get the best glass in your price range and you'll be happier than getting the most magnification in your price range.
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.

Page generated in 0.03644 seconds with 8 queries