View Single Post
Old December 3, 2019, 09:13 PM   #9
FizzyP

Thanks for the advice, everyone. A few points of clarification:

The statement that button rifling is "cheap" is my addition. He didn't say that. And, when I say cheap I don't mean that it's bad. I mean that, from a manufacturing perspective, it is not expensive compared to cut rifling. It is definitely the case that many people are winning competitions and shooting amazing groups with button rifled barrels.

@RC20 The polygonal rifling is a head scratcher for me too. I'm no expert but I've never heard of polygonal rifling on a rifle (TBH only Glock). Regarding Krieger barrels, as far as I can tell the total weight will blow up my build. I just went through their custom order website. The shortest they'll go is 20". Base barrel is $435. Chambering is $100. Fluting it is $160. That's a $695 barrel!

@HiBC I'm looking at Wilson Combat barrels right now. Unfortunately their wesite only lists them in 5.56 and 6.8 SPC II.

Is seriously might just buy this barrel and roll the dice. It's a bit of an unknown but it's can't be that bad and it's not terribly expensive.

Page generated in 0.02164 seconds with 8 queries