View Single Post
Old July 18, 2015, 06:33 AM   #108
45_auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel
Sad attempt with the cooking versus eating out analogy.
No worse than the assumption that someone can be generating income anytime they desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel
right now as I sit on TFL, it's technically costing me money in time I could be billing hours, working on schoolwork, writing my novel, filing my provisional patent paperwork, etc. which are all income generating activities.
I can understand the billable hours, but how much do you believe that you are making for doing your schoolwork, writing your novel, or filing for a provisional patent? Who exactly is paying you for those activities? Do they issue you a W2 or pay you under the table? Are you dividing a scholarship award by your school hours to determine how much you are making while doing schoolwork? Are you a published author under contract for another novel? Are you already receiving royalties on your invention? If so, I can understand your confusion. Very few people are so talented and have such opportunities. I know this will be hard for you to believe, but most people don't even have the opportunity to work overtime or work a second job anytime they desire.

In the real world, there are millions of people with degrees who are looking for jobs, even more millions of unpublished authors, and millions of patents which aren't worth the paper they're printed on. None of those activities generate guaranteed income.

On the other hand, the loads that I'm developing to win the 1,000 yard national championship while you're wasting time on useless schoolwork, unpublished novels, and useless patents will make me millions in endorsements (watch out Tubb!)! Should I report that potential income that I'm making right now sitting here developing those loads to the IRS next year?

Last edited by 45_auto; July 18, 2015 at 06:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.03412 seconds with 8 queries